Sunday, April 12, 2009

hoooold on, there, web 3.0

I received this message from mediabistro.com (which I'd signed up for to stay hip to the upcoming trends in my publishing days):

"We'll be celebrating Web 3.0, our upcoming conference in New York on May 19-20. Web 3.0 is all about new technologies that are driving businesses forward today. Some of the conference speakers will be at the party, so if you have questions about what's next on the web, you can ask the experts including our hosts, conference co-chairs Dan Grigorovici and Hank Williams."

It has me thinking of how similar libraries' needs are to those of business, particularly as far as web use is concerned.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information, Stef. I still get emails from Mediabistro (from my journalism days) but too often delete without reading. It's interesting--and perhaps an example of convergence culture--to see what was once primarily a print-based industry heading up such a conference. Will have to check it out (and find a sponsor!)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still get those emails, too, and lately they've taken a somewhat depressing tone. Here's some thoughts on Web 3.0 from Gerry McKiernan, prolific library blogger

    http://scholarship20.blogspot.com/2008/06/colleagues-for-your-consideration.html

    ReplyDelete