Sunday, February 22, 2009

i am where the internet is

I've been sitting at cafe for the past few hours because my internet connection at home went down. I could not do what needed to get done without the internet. It told me where to go and how to restructure my day. Even more annoying than spending hours in an unfortunately chilly place with noisier than ideal strangers is the recognition that I am Connection's slave.

And then...

I made the unfortunate mistake of leaving my copy of Convergence Culture at work, which has been locked up over this last week because of the school's winter break. That reading will have to wait until tomorrow morning, while all of the online-accessible materials were immediately at my fingertips. When I had internet connection. Which has me thinking of internet connection as an almost tangible thing. Interesting!

Another thought...

I spent hours a week or so ago tidying my gmail inbox--from 2,367 unread messages to none...

yet my actual room remains a mess

(though, to be fair, it is roughly shoebox-sized, and looks cluttered even when it's clean).

The Rainie reading on tagging has me thinking a lot about how organized my online presence is. I'm learning, tools are improving, and I'm liking the way my online room is shaping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment